Columba {unowned}

Records of slaves, merchant sales, and anything that can be done IC on record will be posted here.

Moderator: OOC Staff

Jorn

Columba {unowned}

Post by Jorn »

The papers were crisp and fresh, and smelt slightly of the sea and new ink.
Clearly hallmarks of a 'fresh' delivery to the establishment.

Slave Form

Basic Information
Full Name: Columba - Latin, 'dove' (Co-lum-bah)

Nickname: give her one?

Name on Identification: Columba

Species: Humanoid Shapeshifter

Sub Species/Breed: Eurasian Collared Dove *
* Can go between her human and bird form with the aid of her cloak of feathers.

Physical Appearance
Body Type: human

Physical Details (Hair/Eyes/Skin/Etc): Dark chocolate-brown eyes. Black hair, shoulder-length and naturally tousled, wild and untamed - medium waves. Pale olive-tinted skin. Figure is pear-shaped, with soft buttocks and thighs leading up to a thin waist, then a pleasingly handful bust - physically healthy.

Physical Markings: White smudge on the nape of her neck and partway around either side, with a smaller black one over the top of it -- natural.

Physical Drawbacks: Partially hollow-boned, therefore more prone to fractures and cracks if due care is not taken.

Current Inflictions: 100% -- mild disorientation in these new surroundings

Physical Defenses: nails, hands/fists, teeth but has admitedly little to no training in how to properly defend herself

Appealing Attributes and Attraction: Figure, species and intelligent nature. Seemingly innocent and sweet.

Clothing:
Stola: a long, pleated dress, worn over an undergarment called a tunica intima
*Fastened by clasps at the shoulder called fibulae
*Girt with ribbons, and typically had two belt
Palla: a single piece of material draped over the shoulders and around the body or over the head as well, not unlike a shawl of fine material

Other Items on Person:
* An old set of keys, usually worn on her belt
* A scrotum pouch containing a meagre amount of coins (loose change)
* Small antler-handled knife

Behavior
Feral or Cultured: Cultured with feral quirks

Phobias:
Aviophobia - fear of flying *
* Developed when under the care of her first owner.

Disorders: None known

How do they present themselves: Dignified, curious, whimsical - a near child-like thirst for knowledge tempered by an adult's awareness of the world and all of its vices.

Feelings towards being owned/rented: Indifferent. As much as she would prefer being freed again, she is well aware that her manumissio is now in the hands of whoever holds her cloak. Rest assured that should she get her hands on it however, getting her back would not be easy.

Overall Attitude: Intelligent if not somewhat instinct-centered, with an appreciation for variety. Seems to show a keen knowledge of cultures rooted in antiquity.
OOC: Underneath that facade, she's a manipulative, emotionally dependant vicious little bitch accustomed to being 'up there' in the heirarchy between slaves.

Quirks:
*Animal Ken: can communicate through 'feral' speech to avians. Seems to be able to gain their trust easily and has a certain measure of empathy regarding them.
*Can often be found toying with her hair, or any loose strands on her dress - occupying her hands is a neccesity otherwise she might very well unweave or destroy what items she can get in her grasp just to fidget with.
*Resorts to avian vocalisations (whistling, shrieking etc) when surprised or hurt.

Hobbies/Interests:
Weaving - calligraphy - secreterial work - singing - some dancing - playing the aulos - painting / herbal-based healing - falconry - the ludi - bloodsports

High or Low Maintenance: Medium, the presence of an owner is neccesary to keep her within control.

Diet/Allergies: Omnivorous

Abilities
Languages Spoken: Common, Greek and Latin

Can they Read/Write: Yes, although only in cursive Latin

Can your character produce magic: No, not without her cloak *
* As a precaution, her cloak of dove feathers is kept securely locked away under guard of the Tether. Her owner would get it handed over to him upon purchase of her papers.

Talents/Skills:
Calligraphy - Painting - Singing / Dancing - General attending on an owner - Food preparation - Serving as a messenger - Singing

Training:
General servitude [NPC, completed]
Cursive Latin [NPC, completed]
Greek [NPC, unfinished - seeking teacher]

Other
Previous Owners:
Geminus Flavius Agricula [NPC; Centurion]

Previous Usage: Calligrapher, Secretary, Singer, Masseuse, Dancer

Previous status: Freedwoman

For Rent or to Own: Ownership after 3 trial periods of rental

Cost: Trained, Average Slave -- has the potential to go up a price bracket, but has thus far shown signs of disobediance and flightiness
1 Night Rental = 15 gold
To Own = 150 gold

OOC Info/Notes
Availability:
GMT timezone.
As I am currently not at University, I am on daily. I will edit this section when I am concretely aware of my timetable.

What are you looking for in a slave/slaver Roleplay:
Character development, characters from her backstory for added storylines and potential IC dramatics, and storylines as well as good old-fashioned long-term.

What are your allowances for your character:
No death, rape or severe/permanent mutilation.
IC consequences for IC actions.

Long Term/Short Term:
Short-term for one-off encounters and rentals permitted
Long-term heavily preferred, and for ownerships

General Information
Character Description:
Eurasian Collared Dove. With the scent of narcissus in the air and those cocoa-brown eyes lowered, the seemingly human woman hailed from a culture rooted deep in antiquity. A stola of fine dyed cotton was clasped at her fair shoulders by a silver fibula, falling to the ground and around her bare feet in pleats, while a palla was often fidgeted with by those slender, scarred hands - the shawl was as much of a sign of a former well-founded status as it was a comfort blanket. Shoulder-length curls, tousled and wild, paired well with a heart-shaped face. Once a Centurion's prize of battle, her needed cloak of feathers held by those in charge. Whimsical shapeshifter bound to the ground, defiant yet to the untrained eye, quite sweetly submissive. Femme fatale under a naïveté surface, a charming yet psychologically manipulative and willing slave.

Contact Details: Columba in-game

Notes:
I. All attempts to accuratly portray an Ancient Roman woman have been undertaken. I do re-enacting of her period as a hobby. Constructive criticism is welcome but a head's up - I am thorough with my research.

II. Storyline ideas --
One - For someone to finally work out those little mind games she does with people. Whether it is because they are manipulative dicks themselves or simply see through them, doesn't matter. The games are a defence. I would like for someone to eventually draw her out of the cold little shell she has withdrawn into since her enslavement.
Two - Ancient Roman, Greek or Gaul characters for her to interact with.

III. Time period (for backstory scenes & characters)
64 BC - born
63 BC - Pompey captures Jerusalem
53 BC - Rome defeated at the Battle of Carrhae, vs the Parthians
49 BC - Caesar crossed the Rubicon
44 BC - Caesar murdered, and as her owner was loyal to him and killed in the aftermath/struggle, she was sold on to The Realmwalker and shipped to Guildereim.