Hi there!

Are you new to The Golden Tether? Perhaps you've been a patron for some time but are new to the forums? Drop in here and introduce yourself!

Moderator: OOC Staff

EliseWinters
New Patron

Hi there!

Post by EliseWinters »

I'm new around here, assumed go ahead and make a forum account and introduce myself. I'm not just new to The Golden Tether; I'm also new to Furcadia... But not new to roleplaying, I've been doing it for a good few years now. I'm still deciding on my character; as the character I usually used for roleplaying previous -- before Furcadia, wouldn't fit within TGT; although. I'm leaning towards a position in slavery. Anyway, that's really about all there is to say about that.

I do, however, have a few questions to ask -- such as being someone who's new to the Furcadia scene is there any tips anyone can give? What is this RPR thing I tend to see everywhere? Or F-list? Which one should I use if any? How do I even apply for a slave's position? And what seems to be the quota of people using whisper chat as compared to main window roleplay? Just some minor curiosities, thanks for listening to my introductory post.

Edit: Also, as far as character references go; what seems to be the census on them? Am I only allowed to use references that I have commissioned?
Muunokhoi
Owner

Re: Hi there!

Post by Muunokhoi »

Hallo ! :D Welcome to TGT And Furc !

RPR is a place where you can create character websites. Hugely customizable, and greatly preferred over places like.. Wix and freewebs. It's also got features where you can connect to other characters and players to show relationships and other comments. Image galleries, text areas, guestbooks.. ect. F-list is for yiff or sex oriented characters. It just lists all of your bedroom kinks.

You don't need to apply for a slave's position. You can go right ahead and stick them in the cages and start RPing ! Although it's a great idea to familiarize yourself with just how slaves are treated here.

In TGT, the only area where you can put ooc or regular chat, is the ooc room. You can get there by typing *ooc. Everywhere else in the dream is for roleplaying. Personally I'm not the whisper/pm sort of roleplayer, so I only know about people making public roleplay posts in the middle of everything :3 Although a lot of people do use whispers for roleplay ! I just use whispers and the *ooc room for chatting.

That's great that you have your own character's reference sheet ! :D I think most people appreciate commissioned artwork to look at. Photographs are also other great ways to reference what your character looks like. ^^

Hope you enjoy yourself here, and I'd love to rp with you too ! :D
Tasted the snake's poison | Broke every bone | Twelve thousand gunshot wounds | But there's nothing that whiskey can't cure, oh

Muunokhoi|Yoska|Kanrik
EliseWinters
New Patron

Post by EliseWinters »

Thanks a bundle for answering my questions. It really helped me out! I really, really appreciate it!

But what I meant by the last line is like Reference Pictures. What I meant by that -- in those sites like RPR or F-list or even in the actual Furcadia description editor (Which I've been toying around with for a while trying to come up with a good description. I'm fairly particular though, hah.) is it okay to use pieces of art for your character that you didn't commission; or is that considered wrong or even a bannable offense on Furcadia? 'Tis a dumb question, I'm sure, but regardless -- I would like to know before I attach pieces of art which I feel 'loosely' (or otherwise) match my characters to give my partner a better visual representation.
Siena
Totally OP

Post by Siena »

It isn't bannable but it is frowned upon that you use other work that you didn't commission and was created specifically for a character that wasn't your own. If I commissioned or created a piece and someone else ended up using it when they didn't pay for it I'd be upset.

I'd advise against it. Don't save it, don't upload it, at the very least you could link to it in your RPR and state the character looks similar to this but the aren't isn't yours. Best bet, when you have the chance you should commission your own art.
EliseWinters
New Patron

Post by EliseWinters »

I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

I suppose i'll find ways of contacting the artist and get his consent -- if the piece was commissioned already; I'll either ask the commissioner, too. When possible, I'll check and see if I can't get a piece commissioned from someone.