New to this need help

Are you new to The Golden Tether? Perhaps you've been a patron for some time but are new to the forums? Drop in here and introduce yourself!

Moderator: OOC Staff

ACID
New Patron

New to this need help

Post by ACID »

Hello , I'm pretty new to this kind of RPing I've only ever played DnD before so excuse me if I ask many stupid questions , with that out of the way I'd like to introduce you to my character.

Acid Veyfold is a young magician who has traveled to the islands of Guildereim intending to profit from his skills , he thought perhaps that he could open a magic shop or even star in some sort of stage act . He's a Raven Avian 22 years of age , with tall lean body .

With that out of the way you should now prepare yourselves for stupid questions . How does magic work exactly I mean , can I do anything with magic as long as I limit my power or the probability of its effectiveness . Also do i track my items myself or is there some system for that .

Anyways hope to see you soon
Muunokhoi
Owner

Re: New to this need help

Post by Muunokhoi »

Hey there ! :D Welcome welcome. Great to see a new face around.

There's a lot of different types of magic in the Furc continuity. If you want to go canon, you can have a Kasurian mage, where magic comes from inner energies and powers. Or a Drakorian shaman, who utilizes the magic of the environment (Plants).
Or you can have any combination, and use magic similar to the lore for dnd ! It's honestly up to you. The game is pretty heavily based on magic things, so it's common place as well. Although we do like to limit it a bit. Fireworks in the main hall, and very public displays of magic (aside from a show/performance) will probably be looked at strangely, or even fined/arrested for if it's too much.

Items and the like you track yourself. http://www.rprepository.com/ is a really good place for making a character website, and lots of people list all of their items/wardrobe there. :)
Tasted the snake's poison | Broke every bone | Twelve thousand gunshot wounds | But there's nothing that whiskey can't cure, oh

Muunokhoi|Yoska|Kanrik
Dagger
Handler

Post by Dagger »

Welcome, and there is no such thing as stupid questions.
In case you are online when I am, feel free to directly whisper me if you need help.
The name is: #Se
“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
Acaeus
Some ol' Drunk

Post by Acaeus »

Welcome to Tether! If you have any questions, let me know! <3
Give them nothing...but take from them, everything!

Founder Of The Golden Hammer
Erimear
Main Hall Lurker

Post by Erimear »

Hey there and welcome! As far as magic goes Muun explained it the best. The main thing is just not to go too overpowered. Some people use dice rolls when they're doing a spell to see if it works or not and to see how powerful it ends up being. Some people just use their own restrictions to limit power. That sort of thing.

Anyways, hope to see you about! :D