A lizardman finding his way home!

Are you new to The Golden Tether? Perhaps you've been a patron for some time but are new to the forums? Drop in here and introduce yourself!

Moderator: OOC Staff

Sixx
TGT Patron

A lizardman finding his way home!

Post by Sixx »

Hi guys!

First of all, I wanted to say that I was so impressed by the feel of the Golden Tether, that I had to make a character that adapted to it perfectly, because this place is just amazing. And also, the quality in most of you people's writing puts me to shame from what I've seen, and it gives me the fuzzy sort of jealousy.

So this here is Sxxhoatl (Johnny Sixx on Furcadia!), a lizardman that returns home after being taken away by some bad people and turned into some savage pirate with a love for every drug you can scrape off the jungle.

I'm new to Furcadia in general, so I'm still learning the ropes, but I hope I can have some great fun in here. So far I just wondered, and this is very basic: Is Kaoe'i (the name for Lizardfolk) a plural or is that just the name? Is the singular meant to be Kaoe? It would relieve this itch in my brain to know.

Also there is no specific "lore" on them, right? So far I've taken a lot of freedom in portraying their culture, mostly heavily influenced by aztec/mayan culture, and of course that of Warhammer's Lizardmen!

Hope I can personally meet many of you!
Characters:

JSxxhoatl- Tribal Kaoe'i

Ashcroft - Antallia Exchange Guild Jeweler.
Madeleine
TGT Dedicated

Re: A lizardman finding his way home!

Post by Madeleine »

Welcome to The Golden Tether!
Raginfrik: You eat a cookie. A small note has been baked into it. It reads: Famous, adj.: Conspicuously miserable. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Selene: That..
Selene: Is full of win.
Selene: Buhwahahaha.
Raginfrik: LOL I know right?
Sura
Some ol' Drunk

Post by Sura »

Welcome to the Tether! It's awesome to see a lizardman walking about or..stumbling from what I saw the other day! :D
How may Sura serve you today?
Loraen
TGT Dedicated

Post by Loraen »

Sixx wrote:Hi guys!

First of all, I wanted to say that I was so impressed by the feel of the Golden Tether, that I had to make a character that adapted to it perfectly, because this place is just amazing. And also, the quality in most of you people's writing puts me to shame from what I've seen, and it gives me the fuzzy sort of jealousy.

So this here is Sxxhoatl (Johnny Sixx on Furcadia!), a lizardman that returns home after being taken away by some bad people and turned into some savage pirate with a love for every drug you can scrape off the jungle.

I'm new to Furcadia in general, so I'm still learning the ropes, but I hope I can have some great fun in here. So far I just wondered, and this is very basic: Is Kaoe'i (the name for Lizardfolk) a plural or is that just the name? Is the singular meant to be Kaoe? It would relieve this itch in my brain to know.

Also there is no specific "lore" on them, right? So far I've taken a lot of freedom in portraying their culture, mostly heavily influenced by aztec/mayan culture, and of course that of Warhammer's Lizardmen!

Hope I can personally meet many of you!

Hey there. Lovely to make your acquaintance. Kaoe'i is intended to be used like human, or humankind. It can be singular or plural. Feel free to use some liberties with the race, you're on the right track with the Warhammer lizardmen and the tribal flare of the mayan/aztec culture. Have fun!
Sixx
TGT Patron

Post by Sixx »

Thank you Loraen! I wanted to make him a local, but the lore I did find stated them to have some sort of Hawaiian inspiration, and that's mostly why I asked, since it didn't entirely click with me. Nonetheless I can always argue that he's from the millionth lost tribe somewhere in the jungle. Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and help, and thank you so much to everyone that has been so helpful in-game proper to let me learn the ropes, and giving amazing feedback.

You guys are love. <3
Characters:

JSxxhoatl- Tribal Kaoe'i

Ashcroft - Antallia Exchange Guild Jeweler.
Dagger
Handler

Post by Dagger »

<3 ;)
“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”