The Guildereim Uprising!

All In Character postings can be found here.

Moderator: OOC Staff

Arisu
Some ol' Drunk

The Guildereim Uprising!

Post by Arisu »

Given the current state of the establishment and the lack of staff to remove them, parchments were tacked up in all manner of locations with blatant disregard for their placement. From being stuck up in every major hallway at various points, to finding them tucked away upon every table in the main hall, they were destined to be noticed in some form or another

"My Friends,

As many of you are now aware, the establishment, as well as the island that it is located upon, has come under siege.

From the very beginning, when there were only murmurings of patrons being taken over the cliffs by unknown attackers, to the later, confirmed attacks in the gardens, the management of this establishment has taken a stance of cowardice and ignorance. Pretending that everything is under control and that the situations were being dealt with, but the truth has become known.

There is no protection for those of us who have come to consider these parts our home, proven time and time again in recent days as nothing has been done to protect our livelihoods. Where were the guards... the management... or even the Rah herself as these attacks have continued to escalate? It is one thing to have people disappear from the gardens or the jungles, but nothing has been done to prevent what has happened.

Why was it, that not only were patrons in the main halls poisoned, by the very tea that the kitchens provided, but an attack upon a patron took place, uncontested, right in the main halls? How was it, that a wyrmme, confirmed by a slave to be the one that kidnapped Comtesse, was allowed to roam free, even garnering the defense of other patrons as she feigned innocence. Why was she not detained and questioned, even as a precaution? Why did the guards not capture her, after she openly poisoned someone as she took her leave from the main halls?

It is because the establishment has only it's own interests in mind. Proven true, time, and time again. From the refusal to answer even the simplest of questions, to showing a complete state of inaction and general disinterest in dealing with the conflict that has arisen. Why was it, that when the Drakorian envoy arrived to speak their terms, deliberations were left in the incompetent hands of a slave and its handler. Where were the managers? Why was it, that Muunokhoi only showed up after the envoy had departed, having been tucked away safely in his office when it mattered most to have a strong voice for the establishment?

If one thing has become clear, it is the fact that we are on our own. There is no safety provided to us by the establishment, merely empty promises and hollow words.

The lack of action from the establishment can no longer be tolerated, we must band together and protect our interests. By the time that the establishment musters up it's undoubtedly lackluster response, it will be far too late to matter. I know that I am not alone in sharing these sentiments, and I do not intend to just cow over to the barbaric demands that have been put forth by our attackers.

It is a time for us to rise up, to take matters into our own hands, and to protect what is ours! Together, we will succeed where the Tether has failed us!

I will remain available for speaking to interested parties at the bar, for as long as time will allow us.

-Arisu"

WHEN: Any time, forseeable future while event runs its course

WHERE: The bar, for as long as able

WHO: Any like-minded individuals.

NOTE: I know that time is of the essence, as the story will be progressing in a relatively short amount of time. Take this as an invitation to even just touch base with me via whispers if you are at all interested. There are no real slots to fill, and this does not tie into an actual IC event at this point in time. It is merely an IC posting that serves as a call to arms and an invitation to RP, to see just what sort of a defense force can be put together due to the perceived lackluster response from the establishment itself. IF this turns into a proper event, it will be updated accordingly. Anyone is welcome to join the cause, even if it ends up just being a large group of traders/merchants/nobles/patrons alike that are voicing their dissent with the situation.

OOC NOTE: This is not any manner of attack or slight against the Tether nor its Staff/Management. Please remember that this is an IC posting, put together by a sleep-deprived, paranoid trader who believes that the establishment has failed to do anything about the situation as it has grown.