Avast!

Are you new to The Golden Tether? Perhaps you've been a patron for some time but are new to the forums? Drop in here and introduce yourself!

Moderator: OOC Staff

AzizSolomon

Avast!

Post by AzizSolomon »

Hello, all!

I'm AzizSolomon, and I'm completely new to Furcadia altogether, so I hope you'll bare with me during my integration into the process here~

I've decided to go with a character I've named Alistair Vespern. He used to be the Prince of a faraway land, inhabited by a strange mutation of the regular species we are aware of. It seems that rather than progressively aging until death, Alistair ages until that of mid-adulthood, and then regresses back to late adolescence, and back to adulthood once again, until he is killed by outside means. He is by no means invunerable, but rendered immortal at least, constantly aging and reversing such in this timeframe. However, this species has long been on the brink of extinction, ever since the island they lived upon was ravaged by an ungodly typhoon. Therefore, Alistair is essentially the last of this mutation, and will eventually mark the death of his kind.

The ages he generally inhabits are between 16 and 43, and to add this in as it enters my mind, his un-aging affects his body, but his memories are intact. Alistair has been alive for approximately 320 years, and at this time of writing is at the bodily age of around 24. The man came to wash up on the shores of the Tether by the recent earthquakes and tsunami that have hit, sending the ship he had been serving aboard ashore to wreck at a formation of rocks. He, along with a few other sailors, survived the initial landing, but the others soon died of wounds or other complications. Right now, he's practically penniless, going about his business as a dockworker and fisherman on the side, but he really just wants to raise enough money to have a ship built, and serve along the High Seas that have nurtured him once more.

To give a brief physical description, Alistair is about 175 cm (6'5) tall, has a lean yet muscular frame, and has slightly-short arms for his size. He has short, untidy, chocolate-brown hair as well as piercing, green eyes that could stare into your very soul. Lately, they've still been warmed with joy, but once in a while, if he trusts you, they'll appear cold with loss and remorse. His skin is a bit on the pale side, despite all of the time he spends in broad daylight, his jaw is well-chiseled, and his muscles are barely visible, due to his leaner frame.

In the mental aspect of things, Vespern is a man of many joys and much happiness, but will at times he of melancholy, philosophy, and deep thought. At times, he wishes that he wasn't so intelligent, as his motto is, "He who increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow." However, if actually given the choice, the man wouldn't trade his rational mind for anything in the world. If he becomes attached to someone, he may exhibit slightly clingy behavior due to his immense loneliness kept deep within his emotional core. Again, for the most part, though, he is carefree and pleasant to be around. You will find him sitting amongst nature, often in the garden or a wooded area, and has recently taken to listening to the torrents of the flood waters from the tsunami.

So, that's my spiel, and I hope to enjoy my time here in the Tether as well as contribute to this well-established community!

Sincerely,
~Aziz
Siena
Totally OP

Re: Avast!

Post by Siena »

Completely new! Well then, let me welcome you to TGT. I'm sure you've had a chance to putt through our forums and website for details on TGT's continuity. I'm a Manager in TGT, so if you have any questions, feel free to whisper me. You can also say *staff in game to see what staff are online!

Your character sounds quite interesting, do you have a website for him? RP Repository is an awesome website where you can create your character website. I used to moderate the forums there (you can also RP on the forums) and the website is one of the friendliest online communities I have ever been apart of.
AzizSolomon

Re: Avast!

Post by AzizSolomon »

I just recently worked out the immediate details of Vespern, so I don't have a website up for him yet. xD I'll have to check your suggestion, though, as it seems like a very nice place to have it. I also can't draw worth arse or really afford to be buying commissions, so the description will hopefully do for the time being~ ^.^

I'm excited to be here, and I've had a blast so far! Hoping to leave my mark here as well as mold the Tether for the better~